Sunday, April 20, 2014

Busy week: buns and protests

Whoo hoo! Everyone is back to school and work!  No Easter Monday for us but I made cinnamon buns for the first time yesterday as my concession to the holiday.  They look awesome, if I do say so myself!
Raw, bare buns!
Unfortunately I took a longer shower than I needed and the buns bronzed a bit more than I wanted! However, a drizzle of glaze makes up for any tardy behavior on my part. 

Take that Cinnabons!
So I've joined Fashion Revolution Day and #insideout.  On Thursday we will wear our clothing with the labels out so that we think about where our garments came from.  It is to get others to think about the issue and commemorates those who died in Rana Plaza. 

Sri Lanka is especially interesting to be in now because they have a very large garment industry.  However the business is not totally unregulated and as desperate as Bangladesh.   Yet the rag trade is a fickle mistress.  If things become too good for the worker, the business will piss off somewhere else leaving a lot of people bereft. In this day and age things can be equitable.  Pay more for a better t-shirt that not only looks good, it IS good.

"Who made your shirt?"  Think about it.
Okay, end of "boring preachy part"*  I figured out how to Tweet my photo to Fashion Revolution Day and I got a few responses.  I've been reTweeted, favorited, and picked up one follower!  It's great! I have no idea what it all means.  It's nice though that what I did resonated with some.  It just proves that being true to yourself is the way to go. 


*(Props to Greg Proops) 








No comments:

Post a Comment