Saturday, April 20, 2013

Stupid first world problem(s)!

I face this weekend with some trepidation.  You see, we are trapped in our house!  Last night the garage door dropped with a bang. I ran out to find that; a) thank goodness my youngest was okay and b) the door was stuck with our vehicles inside.  This is a "man problem"  so of course I got up on the ladder to look at it.  After a while, G determined it was the torsion rod that broke.  It's the spring that pulls the weight of the door up and believe me, our door's packin' a few pounds!  Compounding the problem is that door companies won't come out unless the landlord calls.  Our landlord lives in California and like all landlords is cheaper than a t-shirt from Target.  So he's trying to find one of his Russian dissident buddies to fix it for us.  I only see horror!

No comments:

Post a Comment