Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This is what happens at my house after "Law and Order."

Okay, not too bad for a 1/2 hour fooling around in my bathroom.  I got the idea to recreate some famous shots after I got turned down to participate in a traveling skirt of a certain colour blog.  It was like high school all over again! The cool blogging girls didn't want me!  Wah! 

You see while I was waiting to find out whether or not I was accepted, I had the brilliant idea to use the skirt in a shoot that would represent Sri Lanka.  What's more Sri Lankan than an elephant?  Who is more fashionable as a fashion photography than Richard Avedon? So why not recreate his famous shot of Dovima and the elephants here in Colombo?  But alas I won't be using the skirt of a certain colour in my next shot.  However, I did find a great location and when I can convince somebody to come with me to help shoot it, I'll post it.

In the meantime enjoy my first attempt...they can only get better!  Thanks to Nancy Cunard and Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment